Tuesday, November 15, 2011

latent techno-sexual...

i am a huge dork. i know, can't be true...but it is. i've always been a natural at pop culture nonsense; including, but not limited to, song lyrics, movies, latest trends, random celebrity trivia. but the whole technology thing has always been about 2 feet flying right over my head.

i could never wrap my brain around what seemed basically simple. which i think is my problem. i love to make things bigger & more confusing than they are; until i shrug & forget about it all together. this is computer, phone type stuff rather. plus, i figure i don't have to mess with it too much...i always have the hubs to do it/show me how. 

i think i was signed up to blogger like a year before this blog actually came to life. twitter, about the same amount of time. & so on & so on.

i had come to the realization that i was super un-savvy in this interweb universe. if i have email & facebook, then i'm good. wrong. i needed a boost to my smartness ego. there's intelligence somewhere in there. hey, if this brain can come back with a smartass comment with mach speed, then i can figure out this shiz. i just needed to TRY...play around with different things until it clicked. (jeez, how simple is that thought process?) besides, the hubs feels the need to update my phone every 6 months...for me, it's like learning to walk again. in my cave woman-esque way, i'd hit it a couple of times with a stick until it displayed something seemingly interesting. not really, but you see where i've had no choice here but to get with the rest of the herd on this 21st century thing. (& you do realize that i totally just googled "what century are we in?")

& so now, i'm just sowing my mad techno oats all over this scene. i really love it...now that i know i can do it by myself. (isn't that silly?) still gonna ask questions though; i will definitely need to from time to time. (be ready, friends) *there is one of those 'for dummies' books out there with my name on it...i just know it! (you can make my royalty checks out to ash or cash!)

oh my goodness, i've come a long way from my 1st "tweet, tweet" on feb 15th, when my friend, the always great, ash l., helped me set up my new twitter account & blogspot with a smile & "go for it" attitude...HA! thanks, girl. (http://lindler5.blogspot.com/)

i still don't fully get photoshop (it's not my bff), but i dig picnik.com. super easy for chicks like me. i listen to music on spotify...snap cell photos more often with the coolness of instagram, & my latest infatuation (via funny man, mark p. http://whatwhitechickscherish.blogspot.com/, another keeper in my social stratosphere) is my 2 day old relationship with Pinterest. (which i had gottten wait listed for a login in the beginning...you know how you don't even want something until you can't have it?)

so yea, i'm a dork...believe me now, huh?! but, it works for me. i mean, when i'm in the carpool line, breaks at work, or can't sleep at night...i'm gonna need something to do. (besides play angry birds & words with friends)

a little late to the party, but out & ready to mingle...*lol...#...emoticon* just kidding. & maybe one day i'll even be interesting enough to be on foursquare? nah...you can just follow me on twitter @miscellaneash.

0 comments:

Post a Comment