Monday, December 12, 2011

skeletons in the closet...closets...floor...

i have to admit...i am probably one of the most unorganized gals around. & i wonder why i can never find anything. my house stays fairly tidy-ish. i mean we do live here & it's apparent that there's a monkey abound, but it's really not that bad. until, of course, you head to the back. yes, folks, there is a very good reason why the doors to the bedroom & guest room stay closed! it's awful.

it's not filthy with junk & papers & boxes or stuff like that. no, my huge issue is...wait for it...my closet, or proper use of. i simply haven't the space to accommodate all my clothes. & i never have anything to wear despite what appears to be wardrobe jackpot. so here i am with one closet packed to the gills, an antique buffet that i re purposed as a "dresser," all of my shoes piled in the bottom of hubs closet, & various piles here & there. it is quite embarrassing to say the least.

anyone else have this problem? how in the heck do i accumulate all this stuff? i'm not a serial shopper. & a day or two behind in putting laundry away is just bad news for me. vicious cycle, for sure!

i had been planning on figuring out a solution for, hmm, forever now, but the thought totally overwhelmed me. for some reason though, this week was the week! yesterday, on what could have been a super lazy sunday, i decided to jump off of my rump & get to making the impossible possible.

i knew that i didn't wear the majority of what i had, but as the donation bag got bigger & bigger, i was like "whoa!" i was holding on to some crazy stuff. clothes that i figured might fit again...one day...by way of tape worm, possibly. but no. & then there were pants (post baby-year one through 3, i think) that were saggy & very unflattering....i saw london & france! & i am not down with the homeys, so into the bag they went!

1/2 way there...ahh, progress!
& it is still a work in progress, but i am feeling almost lighter around here. & i actually feel "put together"...okay, so maybe that's a stretch, but definitely heading in the right direction. & because i'm knocking this out, i can finally get to the changes in my guest bedroom before my sister & niece visit in a couple of weeks for christmas! hooray!
consolidation, baby! & all in the same room...woot!




1 comments:

Sandy said...

Ashley, we are sisters when it comes to this problem. I have clothes in my closet that I will not wear. Why am I holding on to them? It's crazy! You are an inspiration and maybe I can go where no one wants to boldly go and clean up my mess! Love your posts! -Sandy

Post a Comment