Monday, November 5, 2012

don't freaking blink...


monkey is 8 this week...how the hell did that happen? i just brought him home, what, a few weeks ago? jeez, i was just 27 a few weeks ago. the party days were done (or, you know, dwindling down for a minute) & it was time to start a family...that missing piece to the puzzle with my sass & spontaneity & the hubs' smarts (i hoped). but yikes, i remember months becoming weeks & then days away! p.s. why in the world do they glamourize a show like '16 & pregnant'...i was terrified in my late 20's with a "plan?"
yes, the child who was 9 days post (plus 13 hours of labor) refusing to show his gorgeous face is now a bright-eyed, smart as a whip, growing boy. at what age is the mom not cool anymore? nevermind, don't answer that! i just cannot wrap my brain around how amazing this child is; continues to be…& i’m totally biased, but i swear, it’s true. he definitely didn’t get it from me (well, maybe a little bit).
as the days grow closer to his party, i am totally unorganized. of course, it is the bane of my existence that my good intent & over the top ideas conflict with time. oh, time...you are my nemesis for sure!
some invites just made the mailbox (story of my life) & also, i have prepared nada! i can't stop reminiscing & looking at baby pictures. does this happen to any of you?
it will come together & it will be great. but in the meantime, gush with me for a minute (this sad lump of momma)...oh, & now i need a kleenex!
 
*sniff, sniff*
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment