Saturday, January 12, 2013

no year's resolution...


i decided to opt out of grand statements changing this & that. seemed a bit negative (for me, personally) after all, isn't that kind of what resolutions do? concentrate on how one can do better; be better? nope, i've decided to focus on strengths...expand, grow...ya know?! it's the whole "if it ain't broke" with a twist.

1. i don't exercise, but i crafticize! being crafty helps me to explore the many facets of my creativity. when i'm in the zone, i accomplish stuff. i snack less, drink less...get it?
2. being in my yard. i love it. my girls are well & loved & i can't wait to build my mind's ideal greenhouse to aid in mine & their veggie addiction!
3. makeup. i have & will continue to consume every new technique possible.
4. writing my ass off. yep, more to come. like, much more. i censor myself enough...yes, so far a lot of this is actually filtered a bit. (i try to edit sober, remember?)
5. drama free. i dig this lifestyle. (or, i've at least learned to know the signs so i can steer clear) positive energy is definitely the way to go.
6. i don't boast or brag...why should i have to? i put my stories, etc out in the universe; if someone else doesn't know what i've done, what i'm doing, or what i'm capable of, it's because they aren't paying attention. i don't feel the need to remind anyone or scream “look at me!”
7. i don’t concentrate on my weight. who cares? i’m healthy & comfortable in my skin. the moment that i realized that i’ll never be a size zero again, was the moment i was free from my own self-inflicted agony. viva la curves!

so, this is just pretty basic stuff. & i know that it doesn’t sound like a bazillion great things for me, but it's working, so i'll stick with it. sure new ideas & better ways to work smarter & not harder will come to me…i guess, for now, i’m just really happy with what i do have & not concentrated on what i don’t; with who i am & not who i wish i was. does that make sense? does this post make sense? did some of you fall asleep on me? ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment