Thursday, January 3, 2013

sorry, jc...


weird. weird. weird! you guys are never going to believe what happened to me at school. it’s been a slow week because of the holidays, & since i had no one to shampoo or shear, i turned my attention to some much needed worksheet & mannequin work.

now, let me start with an explanation of sorts…the school has two mock materials that are used for color, relaxers, etc for mannequin, or baby, heads; cholesterol & gel (thick bleck gel). i learned early on that i was allergic to the cholesterol…yay, me. so i always grab a color bowl of gel for my fun busy work. tonight, i set up my “girls” & got to work…a nearby pedestal as my prop to house my box of flexi perm rods & gel. the first baby head received a fabulous soft perm for curly hair which consisted of gel (bleck) & flexi rods. i rolled it, got my sign off, & was on to the next task. i wanted to knock out a straight diagonal slice foil (color technique) on my other baby’s head. with just enough gel left in my bowl, tackling it would be no problem.

everyone has probably gathered by now (by reading previous blogs) that i’m not a super religious person…more spiritual, i guess. i mean, i know in my heart that there is definitely something bigger than me out there. that being said, here’s where shit gets freaky quick!

after hearing the normal school’s music loop via overhead speakers & streaming videos, i was particularly rolling my eyes at the beibs (twice) & that really catchy, annoying-but-you-have-to-sing-it, “hey, i just met you…” (you just finished that whole verse, didn’t you? you’re welcome!) then, it happened. do you guys remember that 90’s christian rock group, jars of clay? well, their song ‘flood’ starts playing, which, for some reason, i know all the words to…because i’m a sponge of all things non-profitable to myself? whatever, it’s on the hi-fi. & let’s just say my natural instinct (because it’s thursday & i’m bored & ready to start the weekend) to be silly kicks in. insert imaginary lighter in the air, me singing the lyrics to this lame (no offense) song, & going “whoo, yeah…lift me up. wwjd?” 

about that time the freaking bowl of gel flips of the pedestal, gel first mind you, into my open (combs, brushes, clips…everything) kit on the floor below. i swear! at first, i was like “crap,” followed by a “sorry, jc…guess you really like this band!” i thought HE of all people would know my smart-ass better...hmm. anyways, it was funny & bizarre (like, a lot bizarre) all wrapped into one. & i pretty much answered my own question…what wouldn’t jesus do…for a kicking 90’s god-fearing band? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment