Sunday, January 22, 2012

"don't it make my brown eyes blue"...

it's no surprise at this point, that music is huge with me. every mood seems to have its own playlist in my head & certain genres or artists are just a given with my day to day goings on. but, for some reason, i don't necessarily have to be totally in the dumps to listen to a good sad song. ya know, something you can belt out when that crescendo of music starts or the vocals reach that heart wrenching moment. i'll admit, some songs i can't even get through without tearing up...now that's talented song writing there, folks! (or i'm just a big ole sap) either way, these are some of my fave sad song lyrics that get me...every time!

“while life goes on around him everywhere, he’s playing solitaire” the carpenters…”solitaire”

“my love was punished long ago. if you still care, don't ever let me know.” slipknot…”snuff”

“it won't do to dream of caramel, to think of cinnamon and long for you. it won't do to stir a deep desire, to fan a hidden fire that can never burn true” suzanne vega…”caramel”
"i've heard it said that dreamers never lie" crystal gayle..."talking in your sleep"

“anyplace is better. starting from zero got nothing to lose.” tracy chapman…”fast car”

“we only said good bye with words. i died a hundred times. you go back to her & i go back to black” amy winehouse…”back to black”

“i love him, but when the night is over. he’s gone. the river’s just a river.” eponine/les miserable…”on my own”

“haven’t had a dream in a long time” the smiths “please, please, please, let me get what i want”

“he said, girl, you better try to have fun no matter what you do. but he’s a fool” sinead o’connor…“nothing compares 2 u”

“i gotta have my suffering so that i can have my cross” tori amos…”crucify”
 on summer days i bring flowers for you. autumn leaves blow with the silence of you” the millions...”west”
 and you could have it all my empire of dirt. i will let you down. i will make you hurt” johnny cash…”hurt”
 god knew little andy would be lonesome with her gone. now sandy and her puppy dog won't ever be alone.” dolly parton…”me and little andy”
 “tell my wife i love her very much” david bowie…”space oddity”
 “if you could save me from the ranks of the freaks who suspect they could never love anyone” aimee mann…“save me”
 “a breaking heart in an empty apartment was the loudest sound i ever heard” the submarines…”brighter discontent”
 “if only i'd thought of the right words i wouldn't be breaking apart all my pictures of you” the cure…“pictures of you”
“well my heart's stopped pumping but my blood is still alive” ugly casanova…”cat faces”
 “this time he's over her for good” george jones…”he stopped loving her today”
 “love is not a victory march. it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah” jeff buckley…”hallelujah”
 “the shorter story. no love, no glory. no hero in her sky” damien rice…“the blower’s daughter”
 “and there's not enough room in this world for my pain” indigo girls…”ghost”
 “you loved me 'cause i'm fragile. when i thought that i was strong.” sara bareilles…”gravity”
 “who’s gonna pay attention to your dreams?” the cars…”drive”
 “in starlit nights i saw you. so cruelly you kissed me” echo & the bunnymen…”the killing moon”
 “but tell me you love me, come back and haunt me” coldplay…“the scientist”
 “we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year” pink floyd…“wish you were here”
 “and i find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad. the dreams in which i'm dying are the best i've ever had” tears for fears…”mad world”
 “the rumors flew, but nobody knew how much she blamed herself” brad paisley & allison krauss…”whiskey lullaby”
 “these few words're written on that stand. at the bottom of this mine lies a big big man” jimmy dean…“big bad john”
 “the worst part is there's no-one else to blame” sia…“breathe me”
 “i want you to notice when i’m not around” radiohead…”creep”
 “i’ve got your memory, or has it got me?” patsy cline…“she’s got you”
 “i heard the voices of friends vanished and gone” bruce springsteen…”streets of philadelphia” 
 tomorrow leave the windows open, as fear grows please hold me in your arms” elton john…“the last song”

0 comments:

Post a Comment