Tuesday, July 26, 2011

rainy days & tuesdays...

sweet, lovely rain. crazy, sideways rain. non-humid, soothing rain.

i so needed this today. & besides not being under a tin roof, it was darn near perfect. i had no errands, no 6 year old wanting to play or wanting me to "watch this." nope...i had the option of complete & utter chill time. so, what did i do? think....that's what. ugh. i didn't want to have to do that this afternoon. i am still nursing an awesome summer cold & all i wanted to do was nap. but, the wheels were spinning & this is just a few of the wise & profound thoughts that interrupted my zen-like window of opportunity.

  • i shouldn't care if people "like" me or not. but, it's nice for those that i love to remind me once in awhile.
  • why is there so much drama in preparing for a vacation? i mean, it should be a happy, exciting time, right?
  • i really like the sound of maracas. ooh, & a tambourine.
  • it's a little strange to have a big bright sun amidst a huge storm.
  • i'm in the mood to color.
  • should i cut my bangs?
  • you ever worn underwear that was such a literal pain in the ass, that you wanted to rip them off & burn them?
  • it would be fun to own colored contacts, but i cannot stand something in my eye.
  • i love blankets. my monkey loves blankets. monkey has stolen all of my blankets.
  • i don't feel like cooking dinner, even though i totally went to the store yesterday.
  • my co-worker gave me a dove bar this morning. i am going to eat that right now.
  • so excited about shark week. however, it always comes on the week before my family goes to the beach. every freaking year!
  • my motivation needs a jump start.
  • watching the news gets more & more depressing.
  • is there even such a thing as a decent tasting cough drop?
  • it is so much easier to relax during a heavy rain storm now that the stupid tree is gone.
  • i would love to get a pedicure, but i know that those ladies are gonna be talking about how bad my feet look. & i won't be able to understand them.
  • have i always been this paranoid?
  • will i ever find a 4 leaf clover?
  • geez, what wouldn't i do for a klondike bar? (within legal & sensible limits, of course.)
  • did i remember to put on deodorant this morning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment