Thursday, May 19, 2011

channeling fraulein maria...

ahh, my fave-o-rite things...so simple, yet so delicious! i eat them up with each passing stressful, how did i get here?, 'fml' day...or in the south "sop 'em up with a big ole biscuit!"  precious little things that need not take for granted.

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...
1.  monkey business...anytime, all the time! he is my light, my joy! the best friend that i always wanted! nothing this little monster can't do. he makes me giggle, my heart smile. oh, how i feel sorry for the lady-love much, much later in his life. (nah, i won't be that mom!) but in the meantime, "party on, wayne!"..."party on, garth!"

bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...
2.  comforts of home. i know, everyone enjoys the finality of that comfy couch at the end of the day, but around here...we really leave our mark.  

cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels...
3.  cupcakes! cupcakes! cupcakes! & for absolutely no reason at all. the "designer" ones are cute, but where's the fun in that?  homemade (secret ingredient is love) yum-yum goodies are the best! 

girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes...
4. date night!!  be spontaneous (because the 6 year old says "i wanna stay at memaw's tonight!") or planned says the man...sushi? but, of course! date night is always a much needed, much appreciated night. "hey, how are you?" (besides work & monkey & do we want to replace/paint/build on to...) love the date night with the hottest guy i know. the guy i trust with more than just my finances...i trust him with my heart! & although our convos & interests should be exhausted, i'm still discovering new things about him. hope he feels the same...fingers crossed!

silver white winters that melt into springs...
5.  nature...yea, i know, never camped in my life. it's something about being outdoors though. i find my little girl spirit when i spot a funky bug. totally captivated by a wicked plant..."feed me, seymour!" want to plant some goodness when the warm breeze hits. wow, brings out this explorer of all things good & organic. i want to get my feet dirty...my hands blistered...my soul buzzing! i know, i'm a sap-a-saurus rex!!









   






0 comments:

Post a Comment