Friday, August 26, 2011

release slip...

man, i have been wanting to write so badly lately, but it's like i cannot finish a complete thought to save my life. i have been so distracted. mentally drained. emotionally all over the place.

i usually waste time doing a whole lot of nothing when i find myself in these lulls of motivation; totally not knocking that, some times i need to just daze out & chill...regroup. recently, i've been trying a different approach. i have been listening more & talking less. by that i mean, i have totally been reading blogs & stories & experiences from others inside & outside of my little ash world!

i have been consumed with the recent miracle "divas" (as my friend refers to her twin girls) born several weeks back at 25 weeks. weighing less than 2 lbs a piece. spending their earliest of days in NICU. one losing her little fight. one still fighting & keeping smiles on mine (& i know tons of others) faces with her continuing progress. i have cried so much over this. i have wanted to find the right words to say to this sweet friend who i have had the pleasure of knowing through the hubs (who has known her since they were in preschool.) but, instead i read & listen & keep on sending positive vibes their way.

i am still reeling, yes reeling over the passing of a childhood friend. i still don't understand why. why? i'm heartbroken & a little pissed at the same time. i know that sounds terrible. it's just how i feel. my head says that he's found peace, but my heart says "what the hell, dudes?!" but every negative needs a positive, right...the whole yin-yang thing. so, i'm proud to say that my first step in dating my friends is in motion. i am set to meet up with some girls i've known since elementary/middle school in a few weeks, & i am super & quite dorkily excited about it!!

i have been having the weirdest work days...highs & lows all in the series of a few hours. at times it goes from 0 to suck in a matter of minutes. but then i get home. i unwind. & discover that my friend juju has written her 500th blog or finally find that blog i've been searching for, that a yemassee folk of mine writes or laughing at my gal pal, ash, who recaps her family life/craziness so eloquently (we were separated at birth, i think.) or being in awe of my fellow ex-derber, jillian, who is a fashion MacGyver! & i do not comment (unless it's for a friday giveaway a la refashionista) or throw in my 2 cents...i laugh, love, & listen. it's amazing how this flips my shitty switch to smiles before bed. thanks, ladies!

i have spent this whole week listening to monkey discuss 'sonic' & 'mario' with full detail. but honestly, i have only "listened" because i have no freaking clue how to even contribute to that convo other than "oh, cool!"

i will be glad when this wonky month is over. even though i just realized today that it almost is. where'd ya go, august? you were totally a blur. bring on september. fall. football & "football" weather. leggings & knee socks. & my most fave holiday ever, ever, ever...halloween, baby! loves

i've learned a lot listening. thank you for listening to me. i'm very much ready to get back to what i know...human behavior observations, random things that i ponder, & embarassing mishaps that always find yours truly!

& if you'd like to (& i think you should) check out these blogs that i've mentioned, here's the know how:
http://barbermiracles.blogspot.com/
http://jujusmusings.blogspot.com/
http://jenniferashleylove.blogspot.com/
http://lindler5.blogspot.com/
http://refashionista.net/





2 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh I hope things turn around and all you get for awhile is some serious good news. My heart goes out to the mother of the twins. Please give her and that little fighter a squeeze for me.

I love the friend date idea. Enjoy that! I know, for a fact, that you have some pretty great friends.

Halloween is just around the corner my dear. :-)

(and thanks for the shout out! )

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ashley!

My heart goes out to the twins.

I agree w/ JuJu...dating your friends is important (wait...that came out wrong). :)

And tell your little man that Jillian understands his love of Mario. :)

Post a Comment